UGA

Thursday, March 27, 2014

God's Not Dead!

My family recently saw the movie, God's Not Dead. The movie is about a freshman in college who decides to take a stand in one of his college classes to debate his Professor on the issue of God's reality in our life. His decision not only goes against his professor's belief but seemingly everyone in the class as well as his girlfriend, his parents, and many others. Even those who believe in Christ, thinks this freshman should take the easy way out and either drop the class or just let the professor believe that he (the freshman) agrees with the professor. The movie is very moving, challenging, and motivating. It made me examine my life and ask myself the question, "What am I doing to expand Christ's kingdom" and "Am I willing to go against the flow and do what He calls me to do." I encourage all believers to go see this movie. At the end of the movie they challenge everyone to text all contacts on your phone the message "God's Not Dead!"  I posted the message on my Facebook page after the movie and so far I have 44 "likes." I challenge the readers of this blog to either text your contacts that message or post it on your Facebook page or use another method to get this message out. The movie features the music group "Newsboys" and their popular song "God's Not Dead." I have posted the song below as well as the trailer for the movie.





Matthew 10:32-33
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Luke 12:48

For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.


Mark:  You prayed and believed your whole life. Never done anything wrong, and here you are. You're the kindest person I know. I am the meanest. You have dementia. My life is perfect. Explain that to me!

Mark’s mother: Sometimes the devil allows people to live a life free of trouble because he doesn't want people turning to God. Their sin is like a jail cell, except it is all nice and comfy and there doesn't seem to be any reason to leave. The door's wide open. Till one day time runs out and the door slams shut and suddenly it's too late to get out.


Only a real risk can test the reality of a belief.” C.S. Lewis

No comments:

The Family

The Family
Braves Game 2012