UGA

Monday, April 16, 2012

Thunder and Rain


Thunder and Rain: A NovelThunder and Rain: A Novel by Charles Martin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Charles martin is one of my favorite authors. This is an excellent read. You will enjoy it esp if you are a Texas Ranger fan (not the baseball team, but the law enforcement). How does a man recover a heart that has been torn from him? This book gives an answer to that question. The book opens with the following quote:

In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.  ~ C.S. Lewis

This not not a spiritual book, but I think you will find lots of spiritual lessons in the book. I would highly recommend this book.


View all my reviews


To order this book click here!

No comments:

The Family

The Family
Braves Game 2012