UGA

Friday, June 10, 2011

An American Life: The Autobiography of Ronald Reagan

I throughly enjoyed reading An American Life. I have the 1990 edition that my mother-in-law gave me. It was a book she owned and had inserted several newspaper articles over the years including the following:"Perot organizational leaders are summoned for a strategy session," "Reagan marks 83rd birthday with attack on Democrats," "The Wallace shooting," "Legend honored," [Marilyn Monroe stamp], "Dole plans to visit Italian battle site where his life was changed forever," "Worth the wait, "[Reba McEntire visiting Huntsville, AL], "Dickinson: Reagan the best, Carter the worst president," and "Michael Jackson and Lisa-Marie Presley take a stroll." The articles were a added plus, but the book itself was wonderful. It takes you from Reagan's birth through the end of his 2nd term in the White House. I wished he had spent more time talking about his first wife and his children (esp. Michael's adoption).

Of course there are many, many great quotes by President Reagan. I will mention a few below with some viedo clips from YouTube.


Let's start with one about his humor:




"A Time for Choosing"




"There you go again"



"I will not make age an issue of this campaign . . ."



"Tear down this wall"



". . . For many years I was a democrat"



"Evil Empire"






"Reagan assassination attempt"







"Reagan's Farewell Speech"



There is so much more in the book. I hope you will take the time to read this book. The next clip of course is not in the book, but thought it would be a good ending to this blog:




To purchase this book click here!

No comments:

The Family

The Family
Braves Game 2012