UGA

Friday, January 14, 2011

The Facts of Life

A fun book to read is Lisa Whelchel (yes, the "girl" from the tv show "The Facts of Life") is The Facts of Life: And Other Lessons My Father Taught Me. The Father in the title is her Heavenly Father. She comes across as a sold out Christian. It is an easy read, but has lots of encoragement in the pages.

I am recommending that you look to the Lord for your strength and thank Him for the thorn. Why?

  • Because there's something about not being able to be in control that makes it easier to give God control.
  • Because we're more likely to give God the glory for triumphs when we have tried in our own strength and failed.
  • Because it's a natural progression to our knees when we're getting up from a fall.
  • Because if life were trouble-free, we would never call on the Lord and would miss on the thrill of being rescued. pp. 52-53
In your greatest weakest, turn to your greatest strength-Jesus-and hear Him say, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakest" (2 Corinthians 12:9 NKJV) p. 53

Sometimes the Lord says no to our dreams in order to birth something healthier in our lives. p. 120

I have questions, but they don't contradict my conviction that God gives us the desires of our hearts. God knows that my ultimate desire is for His will-in His way and in His time. And if He says no, I will say thank you. p. 131

To order this book click here!

No comments:

The Family

The Family
Braves Game 2012