UGA

Friday, January 14, 2011

Angels Don't Die

I do not always agree with Patti Davis (Ronald Reagan's daughter), but in her book, Angels Don't Die: My Father's Gift of Faith, she does a wonderful job of explaining her Dad's faith. Patti is an excellent writer and you will enjoy this book!

I've always believed that we were, each of us, put here for a reason; that there is a plan, somehow a divine plan for all of us. In an effort to embrace that plan, we are blessed with the special gift of prayer, the happiness and solace to be gained by talking to the Lord. It is our hopes and our aspirations, our sorrows, and fears, our deep remorse and renewed resolve, our thanks and joyful praise, most especially our love, all turned a loving God. Many of us have been taught to pray by people we love. In my case, it was my mother. I learned quite literally at her knee. My mother gave me a great deal, but nothing she gave me was more important than that. She was my inspiration and provided me with a very real and deep faith. ~Ronald Reagan p. IX

The world knows much about Ronald Reagan; it should also be known that he passed along to his daughter a deep, resilient faith that God's love never wavers, and that no matter how harsh life seems, or how cruel the world is, that love is constant, unconditional, and eternal. p. 5

There is an old saying: "Ignorance is not knowing anything and being attracted to the good. Innocence is knowing everything and still being attracted to the good." My father's nature has never lost its innocence, not because he's a stranger to betrayal or meanness but because he has chosen to look for the good. My mother patrolled the grounds, looking for dark intruders, banishing them if they encroached on his light. p. 7

To order this book click here!

No comments:

The Family

The Family
Braves Game 2012