UGA

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Johnny Cash: The Redemption of an American IconJohnny Cash: The Redemption of an American Icon

 

Johnny Cash: The Redemption of an American IconJohnny Cash: The Redemption of an American Icon by Greg Laurie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed reading this book about Johnny Cash. His life was a mess. He had a great opportunity to have a bigger Kingdom impact but allowed the world (flesh) to control his life too many times.

Here are a few quotes from the book:

There is more power in a mother’s hand than in a king’s scepter. ~Billy Graham

If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world. If none of my earthly pleasures satisfy it, that does not prove that the universe is a fraud. Probably earthly pleasures were never meant to satisfy it, but only to arouse it, to suggest the real thing. ~C.S. Lewis

All the things that ever deeply possessed your soul have been but hints of Heaven. Tantalizing glimpses, promises never quite fulfilled, echoes that died away just as they caught your ear . . . If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world . . . Probably earthly pleasures were never meant to satisfy it, but only to arouse it, to suggest the real thing. ~C.S. Lewis

Not forgiving is like drinking rat poison and then waiting on the rat to die. ~Anne Lamott

When you forgive someone, you set a prisoner free . . . yourself! ~ Greg Laurie

I would recommend this book to anyone who would like insight to Johnny Cash’s life.

If you would like to order this book click here!


View all my reviews

No comments:

The Family

The Family
Braves Game 2012