UGA

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever


Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America ForeverKilling Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever by Bill O'Reilly
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My son loaned me this book to read. I didn't know what to expect from Bill O'Reilly writing a "history" book. I was in for a pleasant surprise. The book is a page turner. It is written as a documentary. Even though I knew most of the "facts" about Lincoln and Booth, O'Reilly made the reader feel he was back in time witnessing the events. The last few pages of the book include an extensive  newspaper. "Harper's Weekly," account of the event. This is the newspaper account of the assassination written on April 29, 1865. O'Reilly does an excellent job in the last few sections of the book giving a good look at what happen to the main characters in the assassination and the main characters of the Civil War. He also summaries the many conspiracy theories. Of course the first several characters leading up to the assassinations is an account of the war and the attitude of both the North and the South.

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves history and/or those who what to learn more about Lincoln.


View all my reviews

To order this book click here!

No comments:

The Family

The Family
Braves Game 2012