On a personal note: While surviving a recession seems to be a major media campaign of 2009, we know that the implementation of basic Scriptural principles is the key to successful financial futures. Mr. Carver has given us a breakdown of foundational truths that will sustain us throughout this period of economic instability:
- Thankfulness: A recognition that everything I have, I owe to Him. James 1:17
- An Eternal Perspective: We brought nothing into this world, why think we can bring anything out? 1 Tim. 6:7
- Contentment: In every circumstance, every blessing, be content in Him. Phil. 4:11
- Good Stewardship: What we do have, be it little or great, is entrusted to us by God. We must take good care of it and invest it wisely. 1 Peter 4:10
- Continued Support of God's Work: Ministries and missionaries feel the crunch of difficult economic times. We must not slack off in our giving. It is a privilege to give, and thanksgiving for what God has given us in Christ should always motivate us. 2 Cor. 8:9
- Dependence on Him: Our confidence must not be first and foremost on bank accounts, government programs, or natural or borrowed wisdom, but on God. 1 Cor. 9:8
- Examine Our Hearts: Ask ourselves the question: What is God teaching me in this situation? Ps. 143:10
So yes, Philippians 4:19 does apply to 21st century America: as God has providentially provided for His children in the past, so shall He provide for us in the present.
My God shall supply all your need . . . Philippians 4:19
For more information on Clearwater Chrsitain College's Chronicle click here!