Presidential Fun Facts
George W. Bush has had one of the highest approval ratings and one of the lowest approval ratings of any of the presidents during his terms in office (90 percent and 29 percent, respectively).
Attempts have been made to assassinate 10 presidents; four were successful.
- Assassinated: Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, and Kennedy
- Attempts: Jackson, T. Roosevelt, F. Roosevelt, Truman, Ford, and Reagan
The order of presidential succession established by the Presidential Succession Act of 1947 makes the speaker of the House (currently Nancy Pelosi) third in line after the president and vice president.
Five pairs of presidents have been related:
- George H.W. Bush is the father of George W. Bush
- John Adams was the father of John Q. Adams
- William Henry Harrison was the grandfather of Benjamin Harrison
- James Madison and Zachary Taylor were second cousins
- Franklin D. Roosevelt was a fifth cousin of Theodore Roosevelt.
A presidential candidate needs 270 Electoral College votes to become president.
The next president will be paid $400,000 per year in salary.
More presidents were Episcopalians than any other denomination. The second most common affiliation is Presbyterian.
This is half of the fun facts. I will list the other half in another post.