UGA

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Joy That Renews: A devotional from Psalms to refresh your life every day

Joy That Renews: A devotional from Psalms to refresh your life every dayJoy That Renews: A devotional from Psalms to refresh your life every day by Steve Akerson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is a great devotional covering the book of Psalms. The author, Steve Akerson, takes one verse from each chapter of Psalms and writes a short (one page) devotional about that verse. It is a refreshing and encouraging book. If you enjoy Scripture, you will enjoy this book. If you have daily devotions, you can easily add this book to your daily Scriptural diet and if you have thought about having a dialy time with the Lord this book will help you get into the habit. The author also introduced me to a version of the Bible I had not read before. He uses The Passion Translation.
After each devotion he gives a two to three sentence summary. Here is one example from Psalm 9:10, "For everyone who knows your wonderful name keeps putting their trust in you. They can count on you for help no matter what. O Lord, you will never, no never, neglect those who come to you." Akerson's summary, "God's mercy and his grace are full of his authority. When I need it most, I turn to him and seek them. I trust that he is eager to hear me. He considers me fully worthy of his love."
I hope you will give Joy That Renews: A devotional from Psalms to refresh your life every day a try!


View all my reviews

No comments:

The Family

The Family
Braves Game 2012