UGA

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Water's Edge


Water's EdgeWater's Edge by Robert Whitlow
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Robert Whitlow is one of my favorite authors. Water's Edge is an excellent book that challenged me to live my life pleasing to the Lord. Whitlow tells a good story but also has a gift of weaving God's Word into the story. Here are some of the scripture and a quote or two:

"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them." Ephesians 5:11 (NKJV)

"My times are in Your hand. . ." Psalm 31:15 (NKJV)

"So he shepherded them according to the integrity of his heart, And guided them by the skillfulness of his hands." Psalm 78:72 (NKJV)

"The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come. He shall enter into peace: they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness." Isaiah 57:1-2 (KJV)

"I'm learning that God placed me in this world, not so other people can serve me, but so I can serve them. Only when we focus our attention on others can we become who we're intended to be ourselves" Tom Crane

“Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. . . ." Jeremiah 6:16 (NIV)




View all my reviews


To order this book click here!


No comments:

The Family

The Family
Braves Game 2012